10 Things You Might Not Know About Me
Since I revamped the blog, I've been looking through posts, and I realized I never really introduced myself. Most of you (really all of you) that read this know me already, but I'm hoping that some of these things will be new to you, too.
1. My favorite city is Nashville. I love the laid back Southern feel it has even amidst the downtown buildings. People are so friendly, and it is always a good time. I've even sang on stage at Legend's Corner a few times. Hopefully, once I finish graduate school, I'll move there. Until then, I try to squeeze in at least two trips a year.
2. I do not like snow. It looks pretty from far away, and I love the way it looks when it settles on rooftops or untouched fields. But in reality, it's just terrible. It's cold and wet and slippery and unless it gets me out of school or work, it's just a huge pain in the butt.
3. It took me a while, but I finally like red wine more than white. I used to drink Moscato religiously because it was sweet. Now, I prefer fruity reds. I'm not sure I'll ever like super dry wine, but hey, I never thought I'd like red, either.
4. I've never been to Europe. My first trip out of the country was to Newfoundland, Canada to visit my great grandma. In high school, I went to the Bahamas on a cruise. I studied abroad in Kolkata, India in college, and later that year, I spent Spring Break doing mission work in San Pedro, Belize. The number one place I want to travel to is Greece, because I studied Classics and Religion in college.
5. No matter how hard I try, I cannot quit Diet Coke. I love seltzer water, but it doesn't compare to the sweet taste of Diet Coke. Until recently, I didn't drink coffee, so I thought I only drank Diet Coke for the caffeine. Turns out, the addiction goes much deeper than that. Nothing's better than a glass of ice cold Diet Coke. McDonald's has the best Diet Coke. I don't know why, but it always tastes better from McDonald's.
6. All my life, people told me that both coffee and beer are acquired tastes. This year, at 25, I finally acquired a taste for coffee, but I still haven't acquired one for beer. At this point, I'm not sure I ever will, but I'm 100% okay with that.
7. I love musicals. In a few weeks, I'm going to New York to see Hamilton, which I'm crazy excited about. The only other play I've seen in New York is Wicked. I've seen off-Broadway productions of In the Heights, Phantom of the Opera, Annie, Grease, and Rent. I saw the Richmond Ballet perform Romeo & Juliet, and I had the opportunity to see the Moscow Ballet perform both The Nutcracker and Swan Lake.
8. I've been a picky eater my entire life. I especially don't like trying new foods; it totally freaks me out. Yet, something about traveling makes me braver. On various trips, I've eaten moose, rabbit, alligator, and conch. In Newfoundland, I ate a trout that I caught, as well as fresh salmon caught by my great uncle.
9. I haven't read a huge amount of the "classics" from the literary cannon. Books I haven't yet read include but are not limited to: Pride and Prejudice, A Farewell to Arms, Brave New World, The Red Badge of Courage, Grapes of Wrath, A Tale of Two Cities, Moby Dick, Gone With The Wind.
10. I prefer frozen pizza over all other pizzas. Period.
What are some interesting facts about you? Comment below or reach out on social media!